Pages

Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

50 Pounds GONE

I've been a little quiet lately...okay. I've been a little more than quiet. I'll just skip over the part where I tell you in detail how hard my life has been lately and how much I've had on my plate, because EVERYONE has things going on. Every. Single. Person. AND there are people with way more going on than you who sucked it up and did it anyways. HOWEVER, that being said, everyone's journey happens in their own time.

So about a year and a half ago (has it REALLY been that long?!) I hit rock bottom. I was in a minor fender-bender, and went into the doctors office for a little check up. I hopped up on the scale, the nurse turned to me and said, "Let's weight you again. There's no way that's right." Yup. You read that right. I shocked the nurse with my weight gain. "Two twenty-four"; she kind of whispered it, kind of muttered under her breath. My heart felt like it would shoot out of my chest. I listened, choking back tears, when the doctor came in and gave me the 'you need to loose weight' speech. I no longer cared about the pain in my neck. I cared about the number I'd just heard.

I went to work the next night, and spent HOURS looking up weight loss videos on Youtube. I searched 'quick and easy weight loss' and things like 'loose weight fast'. I finally, FINALLY found one that resonated with me. I commented on her video, sent a message on facebook and didn't expect what would happen.

It CHANGED my LIFE. I lost 50 freakin pounds, and I kept it off. So what if it took me longer than so-and-so? So what if I had a handful (or more than that if I'm being completely transparent)  of setbacks? I STUCK WITH IT, and I succeeded. Don't get me wrong, I'm not near finished, but I need to celebrate this, because this is HUGE for me. I'd also like to make it VERY clear that this transformation was not without work.

I started with this simple, idiot proof plan, right? I just did what I was told. It was hard, but it was worth it. I used these measuring containers that told me how much of the foods I was already eating to eat. It told me which of 8 easy workouts to do each day. I carved out the 30 minutes to do it. I did this for a few months, then switched to a faster paced workout called T25. I capped it off with another called PiYo. I hit a road block around 180 pounds. I'd loose a few then pop back up. I did some serious self evaluating, and realized that if 80% of my results were to come from my nutrition, then why was I STILL eating processed foods and truck loads of carbs? (I also discovered a gluten allergy through this journey. Yay!!) So I did some research, did a cleanse, broke some addictions, and I will NEVER regret it. This cleanse was The Ultimate Reset. A daunting, yet rewarding experience. I learned not only about nutrition, but about myself. 

This post was a quick and excited rant, so I apologize if I was confusing. But PLEASE PLEASE find me on facebook and shoot me a message. I'd love to chat with you about YOUR journey.

x's and o's
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment