Pages

Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Recommitting to myself

Because I will NEVER be where I was in this photo again!
I have been a LITTLE more stressed than usual this past month. And though I am incredibly open with my health and fitness journey, there ARE aspects of my life I am not yet ready to talk about in such detail with you all. And when those aspects become more difficult, it affects the rest of my life, including my fitness.
When I don't see the progress that I want to in my body and my health, I go through this cycle of self talk. "NO! no no no no no no. Crap. What is going on? What did I slip up on. Where was I inconsistent? I don't, CAN'T, go back to where I was before. I promised myself. I made a commitment to be better. Healthier. Happier. More confident. I KNEW I couldn't do this.. This was a dumb idea. All I'm ever going to be is fat and unhealthy. Why bother.....
BECAUSE I am worth something. I AM healthier. I AM happier. I AM more confident. I forget often that SLOW progress is still progress. I am working on stopping the negative self talk. Changing your life is NOT a cut and dry process. There are ups and downs, struggles and triumphs. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
With tomorrow being the first, I have listed out my goals, as well as the steps I need to take to make the goals a reality. I am kicking things up a notch and am throwing out my excuses. I am RECOMMITTING to putting myself first. I am recommitting to this incredible and infuriating process.
xo
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment